• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Voyager pro help

R
Mar 9, 2017
stillwater MN
What does a guy really need with this to get going? I see you can buy the kit and it comes with the dock and a fin sensor? All my bikes all ready have water sensors in thermabob. Looks like you still need to buy a mount for handle bars then another 160 some dollars for protection via the billit case? Right now I run all trails on my iPhone in a case on my handle bars and it really works good after you download maps to iPhone. I have a usb charger on my bars if I need to charge phone but it actually gets to hot in the case charging not to cold. Would really like to try the buddy feature as we hit a play area and get spread out. Only reason to try voyager pro really. Could a guy just buy a head unit and put it in my exsisting case on my bars? Will the battery last or does it need to be plugged into power? Don’t sound like they have a way to charge via usb? Also head unit probable don’t come with antenna for buddy system?

GKR

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Comes with a handlebar mount but its not the strongest thing out there. I made my own mount. They do make a nice aluminum center bar mount but I have not used it.
If you have a trailtech temp sensor in your Thermobob it plugs right in. You do not need the billet case, optional extra protection but certainly not required. Batteries don't last long in the cold without getting charged from the bike. Power cable is included to wire in the dock to bike power so it charges while bike is running. Buddy feature is fantastic and works great. Its why we bought the VP and we have 7 guys in our group with them. Buddy track antenna is included. Only way to charge it is with the dock. You can turn on and use the unit without the dock but none of the sensors will work including buddy track and the temp sensor as they plug into the dock, not the head unit.
We are all VERY happy with our Voyager Pros.

R
Mar 9, 2017
stillwater MN
I got a call back from voyager. He said in my case to order part number 922-132. Found a guy on eBay that will discount down to 486.00 for 3 or more no tax no shipping. I am going to order 3 and if anyone else is interested let me know and I can send you this guys number.

P
Nov 30, 2013
I got a call back from voyager. He said in my case to order part number 922-132. Found a guy on eBay that will discount down to 486.00 for 3 or more no tax no shipping. I am going to order 3 and if anyone else is interested let me know and I can send you this guys number.

Thats a stellar deal. Wish the border wasn't a burden

Premium Features