• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trailer for two Snowbikes?

M
Aug 24, 2021
MT
Hi All,

New to the forum and to snowbiking... looking to pickup a trailer to carry ideally two snowbikes comfortably and maybe another sled from time-to-time. My truck only has a 5000lb tow rating so I'm looking for something a bit smaller than the big 8x24, but I would like enclosed and really like the door on the V-nose. Any recommendations on length, width, brand, etc?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I have a 7x14 flat nose trailer and two sleds one forward one back fit with plenty of room around them. That space with a 4' V on the front would fit two bikes and a sled I would think. The one I have is a steel frame Haulmark and it seems heavier than it needs to be. I would look at aluminum framed units. Get the taller ceiling option too. You might not think you need it but if you ever get a side by side you will (or for resale to the SxS crowd down the road).

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
Just another option if funds allow, is a van. I've towed, snowbikes on a trailer with a sled loaded in the bed of a pickup, snowbikes and sleds on a trailer and sled or bike in bed of pickup. I much prefer my current setup. I now have a promaster cargo van that has a 6'x10' interior load space. I've had three snowbikes, two 120's and one 129 in it. I measured and believe a 154 summit with skis off and one bike will fit. I believe the longer version of this van would fit the sled skis on and the bike. Given the van floor is just over 20'' off the ground much easier to load than a pickup. I drive in back and out the side door. Another benefit is the bikes/sled can be warm when you get to your destination, that can be important with some cold start bikes, and no worry about road grime as with an open trailer. Again, just another option. Unfortunately the vans have increased in value of late and a bit of limited supply.

Premium Features