• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Top of the World store/cabins back in action

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Not sure if it just re-opened this season, but the Top of the World store and cabins are open again after being seasonally closed along with the Beartooth Pass for several years. I think it's been a while since they were open for winter: I've rode up there quite a few times since I moved back in '16, and this is the first I've seen open. I heard they changed hands a few years back, and it seems they're working to bring snowmobiling and winter business back. I didn't get a first-hand look, but I hear the cabins and lodge are pretty nice. It's just four rooms, but would be perfect for some groups, and Top of the World is a very underrated riding area.

I just rode there yesterday, and there's some fresh snow. Wish I could say it's the year to come; truth is, the snowpack is fairly low, and it needs a couple dumps to be great. Even as-is, there's good riding and lots to explore. Just thought I'd put it out there. It's worth supporting the little guys who cater to snowmobilers where you can.

Last edited:

brantd

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2010
i agree with TOW being underrated.its waaaaaay better than cooke imo.but lets keep that quiet.we don't want the masses congregating!!!

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Ehhh, it's ok. I guess it's good if you're a beginner or don't like to ride hard. Of course, if you're a real man with a real sled, just skip it and go straight to Cooke!

Premium Features