• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tikka T3's

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Anyone been around one or own one? I have the itch to get a different rifle and these things seem to fit me very well. I really don't hunt much with a rifle during elk and deer season just because I love archery hunting way more then gun, but if it comes down to the last week of gun season and I have some tags to fill my friends and I grab our favorite rifle and go hunting. Right now I own a Remington 700 30-06 and it shots well and is a nice gun. But after reading some of the reviews and then going to the local gun shop and holding one and looking it over I think I have to get one of these rifles. Things I like about the T3 is it's the lightest rifle I've felt in quite some time, #2 the bolt is super smooth, #3 the stock fits me really well. #4 is it guaranteed MOA right out of the box with factory loads and all the reviews agree they do. The only thing I really don't care for is the built on rail for mounting a scope, it is drilled in case you want a big scope but kinda would look weird I think.

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
co

my co worker is an ffl holder and has a fair amount of business. he bought one of these tikkas and does alot of bragging about it. the weight the feel and mostly the groups hes getting. he loves it.

C

CatRyder88

Dec 6, 2007
I have a Tika 300 win and it kicks like a mule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be checkin wells!

allied1

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
SE ND
My son has a T3 300 WM. I have Sako A7 270 WSM. Very comparable rifles. Light, well built and very accurate. They hold their value well also. I've shot his some and it comes up quick and spot on. Composite and stainless is a good rugged all weather combo too.I also like the external clip. Most of my rifles are internal except the Sako and my AR's and I'm getting to like the external clips better for hunting purposes.

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
I have the tikka t3 lite in 300 wsm. Its a very accurate rifle for the price. I put a vx3 leupold on it with the custom turret and a three shot group will hit a paper plate at 700 yds. That's with factory federal premium accubonds. I would definitely recommend one and I will buy another one in the future

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
I know some guys with some awesome shooting Tikka's in 22-250. Personally I have never been a really big fan of lightweight rifles in larger calibers, however. I have a Lazzeroni Warbird that has a heavier barrel, and a muzzle brake. I wear really good earplugs and more often than not I can watch my shot hit the target. Lighter isn't always better in my opinion. I would tend to flinch from time to time on other rifles, and having a heavier rifle seemed to have cured me of that. I know this because I have given a squeeze on a couple of critters and had the safety on.:face-icon-small-hap

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Well I sold one of the other guns I have and ordered one today so should be here in a couple days. I think I made the right choice. Thanks everybody for the comments!!:rockon:

Premium Features