• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Throttle cut out on MPI supercharged Nytro

C

constech

Dec 31, 2010
Payson, UT
My 08 Nytro running an MPI Stage three supercharger geared down to 15 PSI at full throttle. I have a cut out when throttle is applied. If I very slowly apply throttle I can sometimes avoid the cut out. also at higher throttle when adding throttle will get the same cut out, sometimes it recovers and 1 in 10 times it stalls. Once through this cut out it runs awesome. I called MPI and they had me adjust the accelorator pump settings on my controller, but doesnt seem to help. I heard it can be the battery and since I had a light weight slightly under powered battery I changed it back to stock with no change. When it is started with no throttle it runs with a loaded up sounding bog for several seconds before it cleans out, If you can help me out I would sure appreciate it.

irondave86

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
N.W. Washington
Sounds like its your t.o.r.s. Try disconnecting it and see if that helps. Make sure you get a tether if you leave it disconnected. Id86

C

constech

Dec 31, 2010
Payson, UT
TORS

How do you disconnect TORS on a Nytro, on my carburated sleds it is obvious which wires going to the carbs to disconnect and loop, but not sure on the Nytro.

irondave86

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
N.W. Washington
There are 2 main wire looms under your hood that have rubber boots zip strapped to them, take the rubber boot off the one on the PTO side.

Un-hook the single white connector and the single black connector and plug the white into the black. They will plug right into each other. You only have to plug together the side that goes to the motor, but i don't think it matters if you plug the side that goes to the handle bars together too. its pretty obvious which one goes to the motor. That will defeat the t.o.r.s. id86

Premium Features