• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Summit Neo

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
We got a neo + a couple weeks ago. I hopped it last weekend and dropped down into a fairly steep zone. Side hilled around on it, paneled it out, did a downhill turn and came up out of it and that thing is an impressive little booger. Layer of ice 12" down was rough, but still awesome. Sounds really cool too, oddly enough!

Kids and wife love it! Expansion chamber and can, it will be pushing 95hp.
Interesting - that is the FIRST THING my dealer said when he handed me the sled was that the pipe and can that came stock was definitely going to limit it's power and that a better pipe and can was what it needed.

Grandson got F's on his report card so our Neo+ has a whopping 20 miles on it : (

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Interesting - that is the FIRST THING my dealer said when he handed me the sled was that the pipe and can that came stock was definitely going to limit it's power and that a better pipe and can was what it needed.

Grandson got F's on his report card so our Neo+ has a whopping 20 miles on it : (
I have a venom he can ride and you can tell him he can ride the neo if he gets A's. That will straighten him out.

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
Well the grandson finally got his sht*t together and got to go do some riding! I must say I am very impressed with the Neo. I ended up riding it some on Saturday and other than it being alot squirrellier on the trails than the Evo it is a better sled. More power, better acceleration, easier for a smaller person to get up on edge. And no damn cold smoke carb choking up the inside of my trailer or making me look terrible to all my neighbors/ in the parking lot. (All that smoke rolling out of the Evo makes me cringe every time I'm around non riders.)

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Well here we are. Ski-Doo just made our lives easy and gave the dang thing the full power. Fairly easy to say that now puts them at king of the hill above the Blast, especially now that Cat is no longer offering the Blast M LTD.

McClure did tell me at the snow show in October that Cat will be soon offering the Blast in the Catalyst chassis. If/when that actually happens, we will have to re-evaluate, but until then, Ski-Doo certainly reigns supreme for the moment.

Poor old Polaris with their de-tuned fan cooled carbed 550 in a 444 pound Pro chassis with a 39" ski stance sitting all low to the ground like an old phazer may as well just pack it up and go home at this point. Seems they are not even in the running anymore. Seems they aren't even trying anymore.

Premium Features