• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Steering shaft bracket replacement

J
Dec 5, 2022
Montana
Hello.

I had some pretty loose steering on a new to me 13 ac sno pro 800.

Earlier today something on the lower steering shaft broke. Some quick research tells me this is kind of common.

My question. How do I get access to the components? Pop the rivets on the rubber boots with tie rods going through them?

Anyone have a good source for these black rivets that I can't find anywhere?

G

greenmtnboys

Oct 12, 2009
BC
There is a kit to replace this bracket I believe that you get the rivets with it.Get it from the dealer. You will need to pull the nose section apart and the air intake out. Its not that bad we tried welding it but the metal is thin and the weld broke ,Its easier to get the kit and change it out. I think there was a u tube video of it

Clark42

Lifetime Membership
Jun 3, 2016
Washington

This video is like 90% useless chatter, but is a good guide for replacing it. All the rivets are accessible from the outside and you can slip the old/new brackets through the a arm boot

Jerry2star

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 25, 2021
Hah i just picked up a white 2013 no pro limited last weekend with this issue, 3" of slop and i can see the plate is cracked, ordered the kit from country cat and it should be here next week, also got the BDX anti slop 2.0 bushings (cheaper to buy on D&D) to replace at the same time.

Jerry2star

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 25, 2021
She's all back together not the worst fix

Good luck!
Wasnt too bad, pulled the boot off the right side then drilled all the rivets and removed them out the right boot hole, hardest part was getting a wrench on the bottom of the shaft while taking the nut off, the steel plate was cracked and the aluminum plate was completely blown out, couldn't find the missing piece inside. Maybe ill find it this summer when i remove the electric start.

Premium Features