• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled rental, clinic, and lodging recommendations for Island Park/West Yellowstone?

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
Looking to head out to Island Park or West Yellowstone in mid February.
Will be going with the guys that ride Yamaha Apexs. It will be their first time riding in the mountains. One of them has been to Mike Duffy's Avy class. The other two will be taking it this year.

Our plan is for them to rent mountain sleds and avy gear for part of the trip and hopefully do a short clinic and then hire a guide for a half day. Then trail ride the remaining couple of days of the trip.

What are some recommendations for avy gear and sled rental, lodging, and a basic back country clinic in the area?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
Ron at Highmark rentals have always treated us really good if anybody in our group needed a rental but I don't think he has any avy gear.

High country and Ace powder guys would have anything you need.

If you got enough guys rent a house for a week. It's the best and cheapest way.

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
Thanks. We will have 4 for sure maybe more. We we thinking cabin or house so we can cook for our selves some of the time.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
That's what we do. $1700 a week for a big house split by 8-12 people and all meals usually run $70-$80 per person for the week. Doesn't get much cheaper.

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
I spoke with Amber Holt this afternoon and she said she could do a short and to the point 1 day clinic for up to 6 of us. Sounds like she can cover the basics, which is all we need at this point. I just want the crew to be able to function in the powder and come away from this trip on a positive and wanting more.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I spoke with Amber Holt this afternoon and she said she could do a short and to the point 1 day clinic for up to 6 of us. Sounds like she can cover the basics, which is all we need at this point. I just want the crew to be able to function in the powder and come away from this trip on a positive and wanting more.

That would be money well spent!
Amber WILL school you!

Premium Features