• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled Dog!

G
Dec 13, 2021
New Mexico
Breaking in my new sled dog in the high mountains' If I could just get him to lean better on the hard turns! Lol. Anyone else train their dogs to ride with you on the snowmobiles? This one is 3 months old and looks like he will be a natural. He was a little nervous on the first ride due to the 2 stroke noise, but when he felt the cold breeze in his face, he sat up and began to look around. Second pass was smooth sailing, and did not require being held in place.

Sled Dog (2).jpg Sled Dog (4).jpg

Dirt Guy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2010
I had a Yellow Lab that rode with me all the time. He really liked riding on the snowmobile. I would tell him, Let"s Go and he would run over and jump on the seat ready to go. I put a rubber door mat on my seat for him to sit on, worked great. gave him something to grip too. When it was snowing and bad weather , I got him some Doggles, goggles for dogs, He thought those were great. kept the snow and wind out of his eyes. We had nine miles of road to my house, road closed, snowed in ,in the winter. Made the trip in and out many hundreds of time with my dog. You might try the door mat idea with your dog, makes then more secure I think and saves your seat from dog claws.

G
Dec 13, 2021
New Mexico
Good idea! thanks! I'm in much the same situation, with a little over 7 miles of unplowed road to my ranch deep within the Forest Service, and at 9000 ft elevation, we get lots of snow.

Premium Features