• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski Toed In After A-Arm Replacement

N
Jul 23, 2008
'05 M7

Tagged a buried tree during a very low speed (walking speed) carve and took out lower a-arm, bent upper a-arm, and bent shock shaft.

Replaced the A-arms with SPI parts, replaced the bent shock shaft, had the shocks rebuilt, and replaced the ski rubber and bushing on the right side. Now I have it all back together and the right ski (side that took the hit) is noticeably toed in. I haven't been able to identify any damage on the bulkhead or any of the tie rods and all of the replacement parts seem to line up nicely. I also checked the splines on the right side spindle to make sure they weren't twisted.

Any ideas on where to check next for issues that might be causing this? I can adjust the ski alignment but obviously something is off.

N
Jul 23, 2008
Nope skis stayed the same.

Turns out the spindle twisted and put the ski really far out of alignment. I would've had to adjust the tie rod by 1" or so. Not sure if there's enough adjustment to do that, but I fixed the issue by removing the steering arm from the spindle, and filing away a few teeth on the steering arm so I could re-clock it on the spindle at close to original position.

Premium Features