• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Short character limit in signature prevents image embedding

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
I was trying to update my signature and embed an image. The embed code counts against your character limit which sucks cause it blocks me from using Google Drive or OneDrive link as the urls aren't shortened. Any workaround? Or can character limit be removed for the embed code?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Bumping this up. @christopher any way to expand the character limit on signatures? The URLS I get for embedded images from Google Drive and OneDrive are way to long.
Yes.
This is one of those cases where upgrading your membership to LIFETIME will solve it.

these are your current Signature settings

Edit signature
Yes

Allow basic text formatting (bold, italic, etc)
Yes

Allow extended text formatting (color, font, size)
Yes

Allow alignment changes
Yes

Allow lists
Yes

Allow images
Yes

Allow links
Yes

Allow embedded media
No

Allow block tags (code, quote, etc)
No

Maximum printable characters
As follows: 250

Maximum lines
As follows: 3

Maximum links
As follows: 1

Maximum images
As follows: 1

Maximum smilies
As follows: 2

Maximum text size (1 - 7)
As follows: 3

=====

All those values go UP for our Lifetime Members. (Among MANY other features)

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
Hmm okay. I'm already premium, not sure having a little image in my signature is worth it. Already feel raped by Photobucket trying to charge me $6.99 to host my image thus I was trying other options. I kinda like the image with X. Might stick with it. ;)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Hmm okay. I'm already premium, not sure having a little image in my signature is worth it. Already feel raped by Photobucket trying to charge me $6.99 to host my image thus I was trying other options. I kinda like the image with X. Might stick with it. ;)

As a premium member here on Snowest you should have NO need of photobucket as you have your own photo album included in your membershio

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
As a premium member here on Snowest you should have NO need of photobucket as you have your own photo album included in your membershio

That's cool I didn't even know. But when I try to insert picture from the signature editor it only gives me option to put a linked image in.

Annotation 2019-10-07 110048.jpg

Premium Features