• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Seat bags

C
Jan 26, 2017
Was lookin for a small bag for the sled and wasn’t sure between these two so I bought both. Figured I’d post pics in case anyone else was wondering about the profiles of these. First is the Linq 5L seat bag. Second is the seat storage box. The Linq bag also requires a $30 battery compartment cover to mount. Going to keep the second one because it sits much lower. Just in case you’re curious.

IMG_0106.jpg
IMG_0107.jpg
IMG_0120.jpg
IMG_0121.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snowpatrol

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Puyallup WA.
Was lookin for a small bag for the sled and wasn’t sure between these two so I bought both. Figured I’d post pics in case anyone else was wondering about the profiles of these. First is the Linq 5L seat bag. Second is the seat storage box. The Linq bag also requires a $30 battery compartment cover to mount. Going to keep the second one because it sits much lower. Just in case you’re curious.

View attachment 381570
View attachment 381571
View attachment 381572
View attachment 381573

the second one is garbage. the plastic latch will eventually bend and break. it does not like cold weather. the lid will come open, and will loose all your stuff and not even know it till the next stop. ask me how i know !! my dealer had a bunch of them returned last year. i went back to your first option. it has been awesome. good luck with it. another poor design flaw from skidoo !!

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Not a fan of either of those bags for the very reason they block your foot from moving around the seat, yes you will get use to it but it is less efficient to lift your foot, anyone who uses those bag, take it off for a week of riding then put it back on, you will hit yout foot on it every time. All you need is a good tunnel bag, the glove box or the glove box bag for lightweight hood. cheers dave

U
Oct 20, 2014
Too bad the glove box is backordered until who knows when. I find the seat box to be quite low profile and don't hit my foot on it, perhaps more of an issue if you are short.

As for the latch on the box breaking - this year it is redesigned and supposedly stronger. I broke one last year as well and lost all my stuff just like snowpatrol, luckily it was on the trail home and I was in front so buddies stopped and picked everything up. I have one again this year, will see if it lasts longer than last years.

C
Jan 26, 2017
Thanks for the info. Where’s the weak point on the box? This one has a pretty thick rubber latch to hold it closed. Is it the plastic catch on the lid?

U
Oct 20, 2014
Is it the plastic catch on the lid?
Bingo. The rubber strap is fine, the catch is what broke for me last year. Like I said, this years 'redesign' the catch is slightly thicker and feels much stiffer compared to last year's which was tangibly flexible. I've only got a few rides with it but holding up so far.

Premium Features