• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SBA with RMK upgrades

M
Aug 19, 2010
I might be headed west to BC for a month this winter. Have a 2015 SBA with the 39" Zbroz front end, powder pros, BRP rapid adjust ski stance, durapro magnetic tether, an RMK seat, revalved shocks, RMK 144" limiter straps, which are nearly an inch longer (the shock still doesn't 'top out'), which allows you to run the skid in the upper hole for approach angle, but still transfer weight as if it was mounted in the bottom hole - kind of best of both; great transfer, but not so violent. I think Poo put a shorter strap on the SBA (exact same skid/chassis) just to keep the skis planted for the 90% trail riders. Lastly, it's got a 146"x2.5" Peak (which needed the 2.86" pitch driveshaft and an offset axle).

I'm sure lots would say "sell it and buy a 155", but with most of my riding being done in Ontario/Quebec, this sled is perfect, and it's taken a lot of time/money to get it where I want it.. The only thing left is those ****ty boards - I'm thinking I want to ditch them in favour of RMK boards before headed to the mountains though.

Does anyone have a set of the Burandt HD PowderTrac Boards kicking around for a ProRide Chassis still...? Long shot, I know.. That, or does anyone have a line on the rear inserts (I picked up a set of boards for 30 bucks with cracked rear ends; figured I could use them for a fit-up template if nothing else).

I know I'll also need the RMK rear overstructure (possibly front as well - can anyone confirm what the different between RMK and SBA front overstructure is..?) since the boards are narrower. However, as this is still somewhat of a cross-over (I know, barely...) I'd like to see if I can get an RMK overstructure and an indy/SBA one, and pull the casting from the indy/sba and bond it to the RMK "downtubes", so that I can retain the layback steering post - has anyone tried this before? I'm just a little afraid that I'm so used to the 'laydown' SBA post that if I switch to the RMK 'upright' steering post, I may end up absolutely hating it for the little bit of trail riding I still do..

C
Dec 14, 2020
No idea what Burandt boards were (although he mentioned in a podcast that they quit doing them because they realized they weren't working and wasn't worth the weight savings).

Why not aftermarket?

Scroll down to find the 121/136/144 SBA boards, skinz website sucks.

I've looked at these, not run them.

Premium Features