• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riot X Alpha - Clutching/Gearing

R

RiotCountry

Jul 11, 2010
Minneapolis
Finally got some decent seat time on my Riot X this weekend and am absolutely in love with the sled, it is just an animal compared to my High Country. With that said it feels like it's screaming while cruising down the trail at 45-50 MPH, like driving a car down the high way in 1st or 2nd gear. Thinking I need to switch out the gearing like I did on the high country. I went to 21/49 on the high country but I realize that the Alpha drivers may be different than the ones in the high country so maybe there is a more optimal gearing setup? Would a simple gear change to 21/49 help bring the RPMs down while cruising down the trail? Do I need to change any clutching to smooth things out in combination to a gear change? Stock clutching seems pretty spot on right now, but I've only got 115 miles on the sled and imagine it will start to loosen up as I put more miles on.

I did a search and found a post from 2019 but it went way deeper than I care too. I'm not necessarily looking for a science project lol.

Appreciate any input.

cabin1.jpg cabin2.jpg Cabin3.jpg

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
whats it geared now? probably low to keep the big track from falling apart at high speeds. maybe someones clutch kit would do it for ya

R

RiotCountry

Jul 11, 2010
Minneapolis
whats it geared now? probably low to keep the big track from falling apart at high speeds. maybe someones clutch kit would do it for ya
Stock gearing is 19/50. I am probably going to add a 4 wheel kit as well to help with track delamination. Its a 2.6 so not as prone to blowing apart like the 3" tracks (or so I have heard).

Premium Features