• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ready Aim Fire!!

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
10xtyew.jpg

R
Mar 16, 2010
R-A-F, me too. Quick solo mission yesterday in CO - about a foot fell, but the wind made it seem like a LOT more in some places, dirt in others. Parked the XM at the bottom of a mellow pitch near treeline, skinned a couple of laps, realized that the sled is WAY faster uphill than me, but good to get out.

That bird - decided it was the rare, elusive and impudent Albino Winterchicken - would watch me skinning up, let me get within about 20', then run uphill another 30', watch some more. Showoff.

Good, dense snow. Not really _heavy_, but dense. Good stuff for base building. Fun day, in all - picked up WKS' rack, chopped it up a bit to make it fit the XM, so far, no complaints!

loaded.jpg

albinowinterchicken.jpg

tracks.jpg

T
NICE!

Looks like some great dry snow......we in the PNW don't know what that's like.

Funny about the bird, I had a fox that snuck up on me at the top of a ridge when I was skinning out in Jackson.

He was not that impressed with me though, so he split out.

arn2805

Lifetime Membership
Mar 31, 2013
no I mount a long piece of aluminum under the full length of each side under the tunnel that works just as good , never bent a tunnel...cheers dave

Is the length of the aluminum the full length of the rack or tunnel? I am looking to set my xm up the same way.

thanks

Premium Features