• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ramp ATP or Steel Transition Plate?

R
Nov 30, 2019
Hi, I'm lookiing at full length hinged ATP & steel transition plates? These plates are .125 (1/8" thick). I would prefer ATP due to no rust issues & looks but, is it durable enough for carbides & does it lose it appearance fast. Your experience & thoughts would be most appreciated in regards to either one. Thanks, Ray

moab11

Lifetime Membership
Feb 24, 2011
Great White North
Are you looking for between the ramp and the floor of an enclosed trailer? or from the ramp to the ground?
Either way, the Caliber Edge Glides 2.0 work great as long as the distance isn't too much. I have them on both parts of my ATC Raven trailer and love them.
2019-03-13 15.42.24.jpg

R
Nov 30, 2019
Thanks for the reply....Nice trailer!! I have a 8.5 x 26' V nose trailer on order and have been looking at several options. The transition plates are for my floor to the ramp and are 12". I looked at the new Caliber Edge Glides 2.0 which appear to be quite nice. I'm going for the plates due to using my trailer for several other things such as trike & pull behind trailer, dolly & cart use for DJ/KJ equipment, building materials, etc. Another major reason is that the floor to my front ramp has a 7 -1/2" gap. A single plate just makes sense for my use. I currently have Caliber's LowGrip Glides on the way. Thanks for chiming in. ??

R
Nov 30, 2019
Either way, the Caliber Edge Glides 2.0 work great as long as the distance isn't too much. I have them on both parts of my ATC Raven trailer and love them.
Thanks again for your input. Do you feel that if the 2.0's just fit over the 7 1/2" gap that it would be too much stress on them? If so, my other uses as I mentioned above may be too much for these due to weight. As for my rear ramp door gap, it's only 2/3/4" therefore, maybe they would be fine for that. Thanks again. ?

Premium Features