• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pros and cons of pro-mountain

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
I am trying to find a decently priced option to convert my Attak to a longer track (151) to go to the mountains a couple times a year. I see so many of the mountain boys selling their pro-mountains just wondering if i should even consider this suspension. I would love to find a m10 decently priced, but haven't been able to yet (thanks Darko, it isn't bad enough you get all the fuggin snow, now you have to buy up all the m10's from the states, just kidding). For the money is this pro-mountain worth looking at, and if i found a 153 version could I put a 151 on it with 8 tooth extros.

by the way, extending the mono is a last resort, I know hartman makes that available.

Thanks,

kirk

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
yeah, thanks I saw that, and am considering it, but didnt really want to go that big. Plus then I would have to notch it myself or take out the cooler protectors that I need back here in the midwest. Should just buy another sled, but wife thinks other things should come first lol.

G

geno

Nov 26, 2007
the "pro-mtn" skid is a very good suspension. The shocks, will need service/replacement, if it has any trail miles on it. But from a performance point of view, it transfers and has trail manners, as good or better than a polaris or doo skid.

btw, the "Pro-Mtn" suspension, was started in 05, with the RX1-Mtn, and that skid was 151.

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
How about it Darko, feeling guilty about beating a poor flatlander to that m10? Got a good nytro skid laying around to sell cheap so you can sleep at night?

Rid yourself of the guilt lol

Premium Features