• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

pro x track clearance??

modsled

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Warden,WA
2003 pro x putting a 2.25 finger in it. put a u-cooler in it do i need to remove front cooler to clear track with 9 tooth drivers. and will it clear the track without droppng the chaincase?

thanks Rett

P
Feb 22, 2004
Wisconsin
with the stock 9 tooth drivers, there's no way you'll get a 2.25 in with the cooler in there. It'll be really tight at the top of the tunnel too. It should clear, but there will be a lot of windage. I had a complete ***** of a time getting my 136x2 in and out of my ProX.

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
My buddy ran a 2 1/4" finger last year and it wouldn't fit without going to 8T drivers in his XC that was identical to mine.

I'm working on a conversion on my XC right now and scraped the front cooler with a 2" track and putting in a fabcraft cooler that will do the cooling job just fine. I made 2 little plates from aluminum to cover the inlet holes riveted them in place and siliconed them to seal well.

What kind of U-cooler do you have? how big LxWxT is it? it will most likely do just fine without the front one. If your cooler is big enough to handle the cooling by itself (think surface area compared to the stock ones) ditch the front one and you can most likely make it work with your 9T's you'll save a few pounds too by getting rid of it. The extra clearance in this area will make it much easier to install the track and also won't build the air pressure that will actually decrease performance and cooling.

the 2 1/4 will be way tight in the front if it fits at all and might hit your u-cooler. my 2" almost hits it with the 9T drivers in it.

Premium Features