• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Power Performance Upgrades

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
I know there are tunes and clutch kits. Let's get that out of the way.

I am curious if anyone knows about other performance upgrades that are being worked on such as a water to air intercooler, electric pump for closed loop for a water to air intercooler with a heat exchanger of its own, BOV kit, bored throttle bodies, or adding injectors?

I've seen some pictures from Vohk with what looks like a water to air intercooler but nothing from anyone else.

Anyone see anything new? Screenshot_20221031-201157_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20221031-201215_Instagram.jpg

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
IDK how many people will want more than what they can get from the stock or stock sled with tunes and clutching. The vast majority of riders want a factory turbo and no race gas. Seems like if you are wanting much more than that you'd be way better off starting with a NA sled and putting on an aftermarket turbo kit that's designed to run race gas and high boost. I don't think the factory Polaris turbo and fuel system could produce much more power efficiently to make messing with the factory turbo worth it. Guys did put Carls 900 kits on the factory Polaris turbo last year with good results.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
IDK how many people will want more than what they can get from the stock or stock sled with tunes and clutching. The vast majority of riders want a factory turbo and no race gas. Seems like if you are wanting much more than that you'd be way better off starting with a NA sled and putting on an aftermarket turbo kit that's designed to run race gas and high boost. I don't think the factory Polaris turbo and fuel system could produce much more power efficiently to make messing with the factory turbo worth it. Guys did put Carls 900 kits on the factory Polaris turbo last year with good results.
My counter to that is the biggest perk with working off an existing boost platform Is oem ecu and system control usage. Their is more definition, tables, sensors, etc you can work with compared to an NA sled so it gives companies the ability to create a much cleaner finished product and utilize the flashed oem ecu to handle tuning.

I'm all about efficient turbo systems. I think as we have the boost out more well quickly see more and more bolt on system part upgrades show up. Once you ignore some of the sound (exhaust and general ambient noise) restrictions the oem must comply with your going to see better and better offerings.

Little stuff like smoother higher flowing intakes to charge pipes and airboxes etc is going to mean better fsster response and sustained higher output due to less drag and more flow. Turbo motor is just a giant air pump so anything to make it pump more freely usually makes more power quicker.

Premium Features