• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Port Tack Racks

scootdog

Lifetime Membership
Apr 17, 2011
SF Bay Area Now, Tahoe soon
I have a CFR on my 162 M7 love the rack solid as hell and super quick and easy to use.

One thing I like about this Port Tack rack is you can mount it closer to the seat. Skis tips mount right on rack and run backward. CFR you have to mount as far back as you can on tunnel so ski/board tips are not taking up all your running board foot room. Also mounting forward on the tunnel take less weight off the back good for handling and less likely to bend tunnel from weight. Pics below from companies website show the difference in where they are mounted on tunnel.

CFR works great I've rolled my sled with skis and boards on with no damage, but I carry 1 set of skis & poles, 1 board, and ski boots on my rack. Alot of weight just hope over time it doesn't bend my tunnel.

If I get a new rack for a sled I'd try the Port Tack.

blog_Compact-rack-on-2011-153-M1000.jpg DSB_with_skis_tips_up_front_rsz.jpg

Stoked you are liking your CFR rack. It would be a good idea to get some Blades for your M7 if you don't already have them. The dimples on the rear tunnel of the M7 don't allow the rack to sit flat on the tunnel and can crack over time. Shoot us a message if you have any questions?

Premium Features