• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris series 8 track, any good or go aftermarket!?

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Camso X3 track hasn’t had any poor reviews I’ve seen.

Bingo. The X3 is a great performer and much more durable. It does take a little more effort to get the sled on edge in the super choppy off camber technical riding but overall is a small price given the benefits. Fully clipping helps the Polaris tracks but the paddles are pretty tender from those cut off saplings. The stock drivers should be thrown in the trash can regardless of track choice.

cvcustoms

#getsomegetthere
Lifetime Membership
Sep 10, 2018
www.cvcustoms.com
I just put a Composit M67-3R 163x15x2.86 track on my sled and love it! Running it side by side with my Camso X2.7 I can not decide which one I like more. For the price of the Composit tracks I do not know if I could justify the added cost for a Camso in the future.

Madtown

Premium Member
Nov 8, 2008
Madison,WI
Another Series 8 failed today. Friend lost a huge chunk & we had to cut it off on the outer edge. It’s been constantly stretching as well. Almost no adjustment left.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I have now been running with PowderFreaks extroverts drivers and the TKI 1' offset axle in the rear with 9" wheel. All I can say is wow does that track turn easy now. The track is much quieter too. Be prepared to be locking your brake on even the slightest downhills when you park. Make sure you use a heavy duty antistab kit so you can't snap it off. Very happy now.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I have now been running with PowderFreaks extroverts drivers and the TKI 1' offset axle in the rear with 9" wheel. All I can say is wow does that track turn easy now. The track is much quieter too. Be prepared to be locking your brake on even the slightest downhills when you park. Make sure you use a heavy duty antistab kit so you can't snap it off. Very happy now.
I came across this older thread, you mentioned running the extrovert drivers and 9" wheels, I assume this was was in conjunction with the Polaris 2.75 track???

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I came across this older thread, you mentioned running the extrovert drivers and 9" wheels, I assume this was was in conjunction with the Polaris 2.75 track???
Yes, it was the series 8. I now have a 24 Boost with the series 9 and have put the big wheel kit on and TKI gear down. The big wheels make backing up a bit easier in deep snow.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Yes, it was the series 8. I now have a 24 Boost with the series 9 and have put the big wheel kit on and TKI gear down. The big wheels make backing up a bit easier in deep snow.
10-4

I haven't run a big wheel kit in several years, but decided to try a set from Ice Age this year.

For "now" they'll be on a 155 / 2.75 but.........I haven't been on a 155 since 2013, so we'll see how much I like the 155. If it doesn't work, I'm thinking a 165 with the 300LX?

Premium Features