• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris adhesive

J
Nov 25, 2019
Anyone know where I can get adhesive for the backing plate behind the belt drive, Local dealer wants $400 for a 50ml tube.

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Well, that's just a little cheaper than the $400 your stealership wanted to charge you. But they say we don't have an inflation problem:rolleyes:

C
Nov 29, 2008
Might be the cartridge size . ...$400 still is a bit overkill ...just bought some plexus methacrylate cartridges which have gone from about $70 to over $200 a piece

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
The only thing special about that stuff is it releases its bond at a specific temperature. If you don't plan to ever take it apart again, you could use jb weld or something like that. I replaced a chain case on a '12 many years ago and I think I used silicone adhesive. Worked good enough for me.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

C
Nov 29, 2008
The only thing special about that stuff is it releases its bond at a specific temperature. If you don't plan to ever take it apart again, you could use jb weld or something like that. I replaced a chain case on a '12 many years ago and I think I used silicone adhesive. Worked good enough for me.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
JB is not in same league as Lord ....

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

J
Nov 25, 2019
Well…..Us Canadians seem to get charged way more for things than their worth.
I had seen a thread a long time ago where this adhesive was mentioned but couldn’t find the thread when I used the search function.

Thanks for the help.

Premium Features