• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Phazer upgrades

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
What other track options are there ? I know this may sound a bit much but,, would like to go to a 156". Can it be geared down enough to pull this length track? Looking for as much flotation as I can get with out killing the power. Thinking of buying a phazer for the wife and want it to stay on top of the snow as much as possible What is the best years to buy and what should I look at when checking one over? any thoughts would be great thanks...

TreewellDweller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
McCall, Idaho
If you get a 2007 make sure it has had all of the updates. The absolute best thing to do is slide the rear suspension back at least 3". I slid mine back 3.5" and dropped 1" with a rear hanger plate that I made. It shallowed the approach angle to where it would climb on top of the snow rather than trench. Made a huge difference. If you don't drop the front by an inch or so you will increase ski pressure which is not good. I took a 151"x16" wide skidoo track and trimmed 1" off each side. Not the straightest cuts but works well. You have 2.52 pitch drivers so there are a lot of tracks out there in the 151" and 159". I'm not sure about 156". I also got WPS rear spring adjusters that are 4-way adjustable vs the stock ones that are only 3-way. The 4th position creates more spring tension than stock and keeps it from bottoming out so bad.
Have probably put 500 miles on the different track and modification with no problems. Try this link:
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=80160

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
Nice

Here's a pic with one currently being mocked up for a 159"

Looks pretty good under there... What gear ratio do they come with stock and what is the lowest ratio available? Not sure I will go that long probably 155 or 156 hoping for 2.5 in lug height.. Are there any performance parts for this with out going turbo or super charger?

Premium Features