• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

opinions on a 2007 phazer

I can only comment on the MTX version.

It's a cool sled but riding it can be a bit unsettling because of its "tippyness".

Adding Simmons helped but the stability is still pretty unpredictable. My wife isn't all that aggressive and she didn't really like the way the sled handled. We ended up going with a different machine that was easier to ride on the trails.

I like the Phazer so we kept it around. More aggressive riders love the thing. It holds its own off trail with the exception of steep hill climbs. For us it is a great choice for guests - a lot of fun to ride but not so powerful that anyone's gotten themselves into to trouble on it.

My take:

If the rider prefers sitting to standing there may be better choices out there. However, if they like to get off the seat and push it a bit the Phazer MTX works great.

Also - 6,100 miles and not a single problem! Can't beat that.

Mtn-Track

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2009
N/E, CO & GL, CO
If she is an aggressive rider great sled, but if not she may find it tippy and unstable. I bought a 08 Phazer MTX for the wife, and sold it she now rides a Vector Mtn and likes it much better.

EXACTLY! Had the GT for my wife. We sold it after the second ride as I spent most of my time picking the thing up off its side or digging it out. Problems with oil in the airbox, iced over radiator, iced up stearing, ice all over the running boards and tunnel, etc, etc,.

She's very happy with her Vector Mtn now and hasn't looked back.

P
Aug 2, 2009
Redford,MI
If your still looking to get a phazer. I have ridden both GT and MTX. The MTX is a lot tippyer because the a-arms are narrower then the GT. If she is a newbe at riding snowmobiles I would go with the GT or the FX. I hope this helps you if you want more info just PM me and I will help you out the best I can.

Last edited:
Z
Feb 5, 2008
Jamestown ND
We had an 07 Mtn Lite and didn't care for the instability. I have a 97 mm 159 that is worked over, narrowed, no sway bar and she felt a lot more confident on it than the Phazer. We did put gen II's on the Phazer, but from past experiences she just didn't like it. Now I wish I'd have gotten an Apex and given her the old sled!!!!!!!

Premium Features