• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

nitrous problems

C
Dec 11, 2008
ontario
im running a 1200 tripple with a nos wet system i am using 26 nitrous 30 fuel jets and it runs rich and misses after 300 feet i have boondocker bottles up side down on a 60 degree angle was wondering if i need a different angle of the bottle is needed
thanks carm

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
Do the bottles have siphon tubes?

X2

Disconnect the bottle,

remove from the sled,

Stand the bottle right-side-up on the garage floor, crack open the valve, see if it sprays out "frosty" or clear air.

Then turn it upside down, look for same

Hanging in there
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2009
somewhere in South East Idaho
sounds like over fueling on the aux. jets, what kind of system is it? if it's a Boss ststem just dial them down 1/4 turn at a time. it will go away and you will get the snap out of it!

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
sounds like over fueling on the aux. jets, what kind of system is it? if it's a Boss ststem just dial them down 1/4 turn at a time. it will go away and you will get the snap out of it!

He's running a wet system....

Do you have egt gauges? Reason I ask is to tune the nitrous just a tad richer than off the bottle using the temps as your guide. If you have the shot size in you like, then just tune with the fuel jet. If no siphon tube, then I don't think the bottle angle plays a huge role unless the bottle is close to empty. Are you running a bottle pressure gauge? What pressure you keeping the bottle at?

C
Dec 11, 2008
ontario
nos blue bottle works better with no siphon tube my egt temps are dropping the longer i run it the bottle is always full every run . when i was running 20 24 jets the motor it ran great but the more i try to increase the jets the worse it runs.

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
nos blue bottle works better with no siphon tube my egt temps are dropping the longer i run it the bottle is always full every run . when i was running 20 24 jets the motor it ran great but the more i try to increase the jets the worse it runs.

20 N2O and 24 Fuel? correct? If your temps are dropping rapidly then back the fuel jet down from 30 to 28. Do you have a fuel pressure gauge? What do your plugs look like after a good run?

Dec 1, 2007
What size hoses are you running for your nitrous? If you have the 1/8" tube, maybe your getting to the limit of what it can flow with the 24 jet, and now you went bigger with both, so the nitrous can only flow so much, but the fuel can still flow more if you understand what i'm saying. LOL. Especially if you have compression fittings, they can squash the hose some too which will make the i.d. of the hose smaller and then they can only flow so much. Obviously if the i.d. of the hose is smaller than the hole in the jet, it won't flow what the jet is meant to flow, the i.d. of the tube will be the limiting factor. The other thing that comes to mind is bottle pressure. If your bottle pressure isn't high enough, it'll go rich too, especially when you get low on juice. I'm no expert by any means, but just some food for thought.

M
Jan 19, 2011
You are missing the point.You need to use a bottle with a siphon tube. You must feed liquid nitrous. For long pulls, you may need to go with a nano type boost bottle over the nitrous to keep pressures up. You will never get the system to perform correctly feeding gas in a wet system. You will simply drop the bottle pressure so low that you will go pig rich. That's what your EGT's are telling you. If your combustion temps drop too low due to the rich conditions, the nitrous ceases to be of any help at all as it needs temp to give up it's oxy molecule.Don't go any leaner than your current 4 step larger fuel than nitrous jetting. When you hit the button,a properly set up hit will feel like you got hit from the rear by a small car!

Last edited:

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
You are missing the point.You need to use a bottle with a siphon tube. You must feed liquid nitrous. For long pulls, you may need to go with a nano type boost bottle over the nitrous to keep pressures up. You will never get the system to perform correctly feeding gas in a wet system. You will simply drop the bottle pressure so low that you will go pig rich. That's what your EGT's are telling you. If your combustion temps drop too low due to the rich conditions, the nitrous ceases to be of any help at all as it needs temp to give up it's oxy molecule.Don't go any leaner than your current 4 step larger fuel than nitrous jetting. When you hit the button,a properly set up hit will feel like you got hit from the rear by a small car!

BOTTLE w/siphon tube right side up = bottle w/NO siphon tube upside down

You don't have to buy a different bottle.

If the pressure is an issue, wrap the bottle with one of those 12 volt electric "blankets" that are included in some kits

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
BOTTLE w/siphon tube right side up = bottle w/NO siphon tube upside down

You don't have to buy a different bottle.

If the pressure is an issue, wrap the bottle with one of those 12 volt electric "blankets" that are included in some kits

X2 on the bottle, it's fine if no siphon tube and mounted upside down!

L
Dec 15, 2007
Bottle pressure is key to jetting a wet nitrous kit. You need to monitor or regulate both bottle pressure and fuel pressure. The higher the bottle pressure, the larger fuel jet you will need. To baseline jet your system, plug your spec's into a nitrous calculator. Cold Fusion Nitrous website has a nice calculator.

FWIW i am running a NOS wet system on my twin with bottle pressure regulated a 600psi and fuel at 6psi. 27 n2o jet and 23 fuel jet and works great with good hit.

P

polaris800

Nov 27, 2007
Have you tried to close the gap on the plugs to about .15? Sometimes the bigger nitrous jets blow out the flame.

Premium Features