• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need help attaching hot grips

L
May 9, 2020
OK, I bought some motorcycle heated grips for the Hawk, and they are a tad bit too big. They will work, I just need something to fill the small amount of gap between the grips and the bar. Any suggestions?

The only thing I can think of is friction tape...but will I be able to slide the grip over it and still have it stick?

I have never had this issue before. Normally the issue is getting the grip on the bar as the grips are too tight

N
Jan 3, 2008
Northern Utah
OK, I bought some motorcycle heated grips for the Hawk, and they are a tad bit too big. They will work, I just need something to fill the small amount of gap between the grips and the bar. Any suggestions?

The only thing I can think of is friction tape...but will I be able to slide the grip over it and still have it stick?

I have never had this issue before. Normally the issue is getting the grip on the bar as the grips are too tight
Thats strange they dont fit? Not like the hawk bar is anything special. Might be worth just getting the correct set.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
I'm guessing you purchased fat bar grips for a street bike when you need the normal motocross diameter , there is no in between

DO NOT , DO NOT try to make those work . I seen a guy medavac out because the grip came off and he got all bent out of shape one handing and on impact the bar punched a hole in his neck . He's fine but he was looking awful white and cold before the the chopper showed up .

Premium Features