• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looks Like A Fun Weekend On The Way

F

Firetrail

Nov 29, 2007
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Well folks what did we need to extend the season a little longer?? Some snow and cooler weather. Mother nature gave us both this week!! Tuesday nite the Hills got a pretty general snow. 4-6 inches of great medium moisture snow. Looks like a little more in a line from Cement Ridge to south of trail 12. Snowed so hard that we stopped grooming due to poor visibility. The temps have been getting into the mid to lower teens. When I left the Trailshead area a couple hours ago there was moderate to heavy snow coming down and there appeared to be 2-3" in the Lead Deadwood area and it is currently snowing pretty hard in Spearfish. Conditions are again great and are close to those we had mid Feb. Those of you who will be here this weekend are assurred of a great trip. The groomers will be working double shifts to get the new snow groomed and the offtrail will be great. When I looked earlier this evening Grand Canyon was pristine. 6+ inches of new snow, more on the way tonite and not a sled track in site. Can't have that now can we? Hook up the trailers. There won't be too many more.

F

Firetrail

Nov 29, 2007
Hello:
Sorry about that. I probably should have prewarned you not to read the post. Nevertheless from all indications the weekend will be very good. Also have a 70% chance of snow this afternoon and early evening with 2-4" likely. OOPs sorry do not read this. Good to hear from you.

F

Firetrail

Nov 29, 2007
Hello:

Doesn't make much sense does it. You do have a pretty long drive however and gas is getting more pricey. Around $3.15 out here. Keep trying. Maybe someone will give in. If not, go do a little ditch bangin'. At least it will tide you over. My primary riding buds are "busy" this weekend also. I will probably have to rely on "passers by" if (sorry when") I get stuck. Maybe someone at Trailshead needs a riding partner this weekend.

JW

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
O'Neill, NE
Hey samatt, where do you live? We are hitting the interstate at Presho tomorrow. Hey Firetrail, what days can you go?

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
I'm heading out tomorrow...... can't pass it up even if my normal partners can't make it. I'll take the youngins out and get them some more seat time and do some more tuning on my projects I guess, but it sounds too good to pass up when it's about over anyway.

F

Firetrail

Nov 29, 2007
Hello:

Just (3:45 our time) talked to one of my riding buddies who has been at work about a mile from Trailshead. Asked him how much snow they got today and he said "quite a bit" "around a Fluffy Foot". So.. it apears that there was another foot today. JW I will be up there tomorrow and Sat for sure. Maybe Sunday also if I do not get to huff enough 2 stroke by the end of Sat.

F

Firetrail

Nov 29, 2007
Hello:

That is great. We will be riding this weekend. Last time I talked with Sandy at TH she was not totally booked up this weekend but that may have changed. Perhaps we can meet up with Snow Knight and JW sometime also. Snow is good. Just watched the weather and tomorrow is supposed to be kinda cold but 30s on Sat. Travel may be a little tricky but you are from ND so it is no stranger to you. It has been snowing off and on in Spearfish all day and I wouls suppose the Interstate may be a bit messy. Drive safe. I will PM you my home phone.

R

redbarchetta

Dec 2, 2007
blackhills, wy
hey guys i will be up there tommarrow and would like to meet up i live in newcastle so it is not a real big drive will be up there at about 9 or so pm me and leave your number i will call yo and we could meet up and ride i will check messages in the morning before i leave. should be a great day.

JW

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
O'Neill, NE
Sounds great guys. We are heading up today and staying at Rec. Springs as usual. We plan on being at Trailshead Sat. morning. 2 Ski Doo summit 144 revs with Nebraska tags. 1 black and blue, the other orange and black. Hope to see ya guys up there.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Premium Features