• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lectron on a WR 450

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
still looking for perfection

riding the lectron in lots of varying snow conditions and different areas of Montana.

So whats the upsides:

smaller / lighter / simpler than stock

you can make adjustments on the trail and feel the effects

pulls harder / longer with seamless throttle response / seamless smoooth top to bottom.

learned a lot more about 4 stroke tuning because of the instant feedback due to ease of adjustments

Down sides:

gas mileage seems to be about the same as a well tuned stock carb

you have to buy this accessory and toss the stock carb in a box, and a used stock carb has very little value.

unlike a 2 stroke application of this carb, my expectations have not been exceeded yet.

P

Pedec

Jul 1, 2014
Just a update went for another 2 day ride and carb did not freeze again so zippo hand warmer must be stopping carb from freezing. On 2 strokes these carb work and are way better on gas.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
got heat ?

Hey Pedec I like your hand warmer solution. Keep one handy, apply on those days when carb heat is an issue.

I am going to find a hard warmer for my pals KTM, he only ices on odd occasion, so hand warmer could be a good solution without more plumbing and fooling around.

I can say I do notice some jetting changes when I ride slow, coolant temps go up, hot hot carb heat collar, carb runs fat and idle is blubbery until you get in some snow and get temps back in line.

Premium Features