• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

keeping it clean

D
Dec 22, 2007
I was reading in another thread about how much work has been done on the cabins in the Tampico area, I would just like to make a comments on that, "PICK UP YOU CRAP" I dont know how people justify in there minds to leave non burnables in the cabins for others to pick up, it was heavier to pack it to the cabin than it is to pack it back to your truck with you. I know for a fact that the DNR has more trouble with garabage from snowmobilers than any other sport up there. One last thing I trhink the parking situation could use some work, it is very crowded at times so lets all make an effort to be respectful of others and park like we should, hopefully we are all adults and know right from wrong. :(

R
Nov 26, 2007
Thanks for the support Darin, maybe we'll get to see you and the missus up there. Oh, and yes there has been a tremendous amount of work on the cabins in the Ahtanum Area. Everything from garbage removal to complete cabin overhauls and all at private expense. No one is asking for any money just responsibility. The only way we get to keep our areas is to take care of them. Thanks to all the people involved.

K
Feb 8, 2005
Yakima, Wa
I agree 100%. We get a bad enough rap from certain groups, no need to make it worse. I for one have picked up other peoples cans and crap off the trails. And as for the cabins it's ridiculous how much garbage piles up in the corners. Pack it in, pack it out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

Summertime Blues

Nov 26, 2007
Grandview, WA
I do not ever use the cabins but seeing the way some people park at the snopark I would not be suprised if they were the same ones leaving their crap for others to pick up.

Premium Features