• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HPS Boost Silencer

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
After buying a Silber silencer early 2022 and not installing it due to bogging problems on my brothers identical sled.

I finally took the plunge with HPS.

Loving the signature sound. (Deep tone, baffled and packed design / fairly subdued)

Runs sweet.

IMG_0906.jpeg

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Do you Alskans ride too hard for the Diamond S? I have had nothing but good luck on the Boosts in my group with their can and they don't seem any louder than stock.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Do you Alskans ride too hard for the Diamond S? I have had nothing but good luck on the Boosts in my group with their can and they don't seem any louder than stock.
I have a cracked out titanium N/A axys 850 Diamond S can in my pile of scrap.

Diamond S is also a high pitched sound similar to SLP.

I like the deeper tone.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I have a cracked out titanium N/A axys 850 Diamond S can in my pile of scrap.

Diamond S is also a high pitched sound similar to SLP.

I like the deeper tone.
I had cracked one on my Ski Doo and they replaced it right away. Never had problems with any of my Poo cans but I doubt I put the miles on that you do. I could see people not liking the high pitched twang though.

idahosledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Did your brother send back the Silber can for the update/modification?
They did on mine but I only got one ride on it last year after that.
Seemed much better.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Did your brother send back the Silber can for the update/modification?
They did on mine but I only got one ride on it last year after that.
Seemed much better.
Brother did get an updated one.

It still didn’t run great.

I just have a dusty box on the shelf with an original.

They only did the swap when prompted by the customer.
(And only responded through Fakebook messenger) I don’t have any desire to submit to the body cavity search requirement for fakebook.

They should just ship out new cans with prepaid shipping stickers to customers.

My sled with the stock can just ran so much better than my brothers it was easier to just keep riding it.

idahosledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
They definitely should have just sent out new cans I agree.
I had to send many emails to get them to commit to updating mine, and I had to pay to ship it back.
Not too happy about that.

T
Dec 19, 2007
I found the Diamond S to be just a bit too loud on the Boost, mind you a ride in an area where aftermarket mufflers are pretty much banned and will get you a ticket (WI).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Finally going riding this weekend. Did a rip around the yard last night. Extremely happy with the sound level of the HPS. I would consider it between a quiet and "trail" can. I hate loud cans, this is definitely not that, maybe a hair louder than stock and a nice tone.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
The Diamond can is great but expectedly sucks at one thing only:
Cooking food. And this is not optimal. If anything, it’s a requirement especially when on a boat anchor. Chilly doesn’t eat food, only drinks Coors Light so that forum expert review was expected.

Buddy went with SLP and seems to check all the boxes so far. I know Carls likes them.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
The Diamond can is great but expectedly sucks at one thing only:
Cooking food. And this is not optimal. If anything, it’s a requirement especially when on a boat anchor. Chilly doesn’t eat food, only drinks Coors Light so that forum expert review was expected.

Buddy went with SLP and seems to check all the boxes so far. I know Carls likes them.
The Diamond S cooks fine on the Boost. It's clamps right to the side of the can and not on some dumb little arm that doesn't get hot like the NA can.

Premium Features