• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

how do i fire my realtor?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Give us some info about her business name, phone number and enough about your house so we can call and act real interested and schedule appointments we will never make, wasting her time. Just keep doing it until she cuts and runs.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
yeah, give us some info, I would even show up..

I wonder how much fun it is to give an 18 year old a tour of a house he can't afford for probably 6 years...

as much fun as it is to give a tour to a 30 year old that still can't afford it?

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
yeah, give us some info, I would even show up..

I wonder how much fun it is to give an 18 year old a tour of a house he can't afford for probably 6 years...

It's 6 am and the last few posts on this thread have already made my morning.

I was unfortunate enough to be holding a spec-home in 2007. I got phone calls all the time from random realtors telling me they just showed my home to a potential buyer, however his offer is x, and my asking is y, will I consider?
I'd tell them to write it up as an offer and send it over. Meaning that they had to do some actual work, collect a check for intent, get signatures (you know the drill). I got 4 or 5 of them to do it, and when they'd call to follow up I'd respond with a verbal counter near my Y price.:face-icon-small-ton.

Z
Nov 26, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
Well I emailed her Monday night stating that I wanted to cancel our listing and all contracts. I told her email was the best way to bring it to her attention discreetly and to call me the next day so we can discuss the matter in more detail. She simply sent me an email this morning telling me she has too much invested to simply walk away and that she would be willing to have us relist with another realtor from her broker for a referral fee for both the buy and sell side....yeah right! Thanks guys for the breach of confidential bank info, as that’s my Ace in the hole if she ever actually calls me so I can speak with her over the phone. If at that point she still doesn't cooperate then I guess it’s time to contact her broker and go from there. I think I have her backed in a corner because I replied to her email "please call me at your earliest convenience so we don’t have to discuss this via email" and she replied with something that included "I don’t want this to get dirty", so I have a feeling she knows that she was in the wrong and that I understand how shady things where when they went down......what a pain in the ***.

OrangeKowJumper

Lifetime Membership
Jul 31, 2010
I think your being way too tentative about this. .and it's not at all about what "she's got invested"!!!!. . .it's not about her "walking away" ..she's got it totally bassackwards. . ..has nothing to do with her or what she thinks, feels, or wants in any way, shape, or form. . ... she's there to provide you with a service. .. . .she's not doing it satisfactorily.. . ..she's fired. .. .period . .. .. .

Johnny

Last edited:
Z
Nov 26, 2007
Sioux Falls, SD
Finally got it resovled.....what a pain in the ***. If my employer ever chooses to fire me, i learned from her that all I have to say is "no im not" and then bitch and moan and argue pointless arguments for a few days until I finally would give up and walk away.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Glad it's resolved.
Little future info, real estate fees are not 6% anymore in most markets (3% buyer 3% seller). Now most are 4% total, sign of the times.
You are also under no obligation to use your selling realtor as your buying realtor, r even use one at all to buy a house (although reccomended if they're good, will save you some legal fees potentially) and certianly don't need to use one to have a house built or build one yourself.
Some bad apples like any industry, but plenty of good reltors that are hungry for work right now. Find another quickly and get it back on the market.
Just talk to some local people who have bought, or particularly sold a house recently. WOrd of mouth reccomendations are often times very good info.

S

snowman*150*

Jan 8, 2011
Leavenworth WA
You have all the right to be getting rid of her.
Since she is causing you more trouble and hustle to do what you want then just tell her you don't want to to any more business with her. Now the signing of that paper would be your mistake I would not know how to get around that.

I would jsut throw her a TEXT and say your fired lol

Premium Features