• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Hope valley guys, Q's for you.

R
Nov 27, 2007
Northern California
I've been out of snowmobiling the last few years with the drought, and before that it had been a few years since I've been to Hope. Soo.. anyways it's been a LONG time since I've ridden Hope.

I looked at the trail map and it looks like there isn't a lot of miles to ride for groomed trails, is that true? We are bringing wives along and am hoping there's more than an hours worth of trail riding.

Anyone have a map that shows how to get to the "good" spots? Specifically this bowl pictured below? Anyone recognize it? I took it 10 years ago and can't for the life of me recall where we were.

IM000018.JPG

Zrider

Lifetime Membership
May 7, 2003
Sparks, NV
RJF:

That's the area called Polaris Bowl. Lost Lakes is on the top right. If you bring wives along, you can take the main road(which is groomed by the sled rental outfit) all the way into Blue Lakes(12 miles). About 5 miles down the road you'll come to a couple of old barns on your left. That's Cow Camp. There's a play area to your left. To get to the Polaris Bowl area, you would have to hang a right at Cow Camp and climb up the hill and work your way back to the bowl area. That might be difficult for the women, so I wouldn't recommend it.

Take the main road all the way back to Lower Blue Lake. You can play around back there and if you want, you can take the jeep trail on your right all the way to Upper Blue Lake and follow the trail up the mountain to Lost Lakes and you'll be above the Polaris Bowl area.

I was down there last week and there is plenty of snow. Lots of places to play around off the main road all the way from the parking lot to Lower Blue Lake. Would be nice for the women and not scare the hell out of them.

Good luck and have fun.

Last edited:
R
Nov 27, 2007
Northern California
Everything sounded familiar as I was reading your post. Seems as I almost recall being able to see the snow park parking lot from Polaris bowl when in the right spot up high.

I appreciate it, we'll be over there in about a month.

Premium Features