• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HELP! Please!! 700 RMK not getting fuel.

T
Jul 2, 2023
home
I have a 2010 700 RMK that is not running the fuel pump when trying to start. I have run 12v to the prime plug and the pump ran fine and I was able to start the sled. I disconnected the fuel pump connector and ran 12v directly to the pump and it runs. I have checked the relay and it tests good. So, apparently, I back probed the fuel pump connector plug red and brown wires and only show a small fraction of voltage when pulling the starter rope (no electric start). Voltage was .470 or so. I have the service manual but the troubleshooting section is relatively worthless and the wiring diagrams are far from complete.

What I need to know now is: Where and how does the voltage get to the fuel pump? What should be my next testing steps? The schematic shows the red wire form the fuel pump connector going into the Reg. Power Spice. Would that be at the voltage regulator? The schematic doesn't show where the wiring goes from there?

My son and I have been working on this for two weekends now and I feel that I need to reach out for HELP at this point.

Thank you

T
Jul 2, 2023
home
UPDATE: I tested both pair of heavy red and brown wires coming from the regulator. Only about 0.4-0.6v AC. Where do I go from here guys?

Premium Features