• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Goodbye AV gas ...?

R

Rrrrrrandyw

Dec 9, 2010
Ogden, Utah
Don't kid yourself about these guys taking away leaded fuel from the aviation industry. It can be done, 25 years ago all the cars ran on leaded fuel and I guarantee there were a lot more automobiles on the road then than there will ever be aircraft running leaded fuels. It can and looks like it really will happen. The owners of small aircraft will just have to have hardened seats and less compression, and that is the argument they will use. I run Avgas in all my toys, as an inexpensive alternative to race gas, and I will be sorry to see it go. But it looks like to me this is a done deal that none of us knew anything about until now.

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
beyond fear

←snow∞motion→;2678347 said:
No but I hate how they "spin" things to cause fear in people's minds. Trying to say that lead in the air is specifically linked to IQ loss in kids. How would they prove this, seriously? And how would they specifically link it to lead?

Kind of like them using data and specs from 1963 snow-machines when trying to lobby to have areas closed off because of noise and air quality.

They get me STIRRED up something fierce!! And the uninformed general public take it as gospel because they don't know any better, and vote on any and all laws based on their bogus facts.
This is part of the BRAIN WASHING that is going on in this country by the earth lovers.... These people will stop at nothing to achieve their goal with all of the chemicals in food and the like that the fda has allowed we are becoming like the people of other nations that will listen to this crap and go along with it., sure there are things that have been done wrong in the past changes are made and we move on but when these freaks say they have the answer WATCH OUT!!!!!!!!

Premium Features