• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FYI.... PRO RMK HOLZ WALKER-EVANS SHOCK VALVING UPGRADE PROGRAM DETAILS

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Am I doing my math wrong?
$700 for Holz after selling stock rear shock
$1800 for Exits all around afer selling stock shocks
Over $2000 all around for Raptors after selling stock shocks.
Holz is still looking pretty good.

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
Just talked to Matt.
Here is the skinny on the 2013 Pro RMK
Fronts with the res $175 each
Front track shock $70 a res can not be added because of wheels but he said a good valve tune and oil change makes a huge difference.
Rear shock outright $380.00
$800.00 + shipping.
Going to ship the shocks out and try it.
BTW I had Toms rear on my XP and evo R in front. Sold the original shocks and springs "stupid" lost my butt came time to sell. People were clueless on Fox suspension. Most want to hop on and ride. With this set -up it takes the bite out when selling and is simple enough most riders can understand. JMO

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
It's the way to go, I just refused to spend another $800 on a $12K sled. You can get the resi on the front skid shock, at least that was what I was told when I talked to Matt, you just have to run the shock upside down to clear the mini wheels.

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
Got them back and installed today. The rear skid shock is a lot better than stock.
The fronts look stock except for the canister and adjustment.
I hope to get some riding time on it this week or weekend sometime. I will report back with some info.

S

Skeld

Mar 6, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Got them back and installed today. The rear skid shock is a lot better than stock.
The fronts look stock except for the canister and adjustment.
I hope to get some riding time on it this week or weekend sometime. I will report back with some info.

Why won't Holz sell springs? In the dirt bike world, a company like Factory Connection will also be very particular about which springs they give you to go with their valving.

Where can you get springs, and will Holz at least recommend a rate? Or are we just talking about choosing from the springs Polaris offers?

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Devil, you are wrong about the Carl's WE Revalve price. I believe that the Carl's price is around $120 per shock with Fox parts which is very good deal and they work extremely well. The only advantage that I can see with having remote reservoir shocks is if you are really pounding a whooped out trail. For the backcountry deep snow riding that most of us do, the Carl's WE revalve works and is a very reasonable price. Call Chris at Carl's to discuss if you are interested.

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
Why won't Holz sell springs? In the dirt bike world, a company like Factory Connection will also be very particular about which springs they give you to go with their valving.

Where can you get springs, and will Holz at least recommend a rate? Or are we just talking about choosing from the springs Polaris offers?

Using the stock springs front and rear. I will see how they work. I may/ would like to order a set of z bros springs but on a budget. Would like to stay under 1000 for suspension. Yes I know could buck up and for another 1k+ but you do not make it up when selling. Been there done that.

image.jpg 102_0969.jpg 102_0971.jpg

Last edited:
S

Skeld

Mar 6, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Using the stock springs front and rear. I will see how they work. I may/ would like to order a set of z bros springs but on a budget. Would like to stay under 1000 for suspension. Yes I know could buck up and for another 1k+ but you do not make it up when selling. Been there done that.

Sorry I didn't mean to quote you specifically. I was posing a general question about the thread. Interested to hear how it works for you though.

J
Feb 15, 2003
Greenfield, MN(55357)
Yep.... Holz still does it... just re-confirmed... they offer revalves or re-valves with Piggyback upgrades for the ski and center shock... If you want to piggyback the rear track shock... they sell you a whole new shock.. more cost effective.

mountainhorse,
Not to bring up and beat an old topic but do you know if Holz indeed can/will add a remote/piggyback clicker to the excisting rear center shock if I were to send it in with the front ski shocks? There seems to be a bit of confusion on wether a remote clicker can be added to this location on a 2013 PRO because of the small idler wheels...

Thanks much,
-John

Last edited:

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
mountainhorse,
Not to bring up and beat an old topic but do you know if Holz indeed can/will add a remote/piggyback clicker to the excisting rear center shock if I were to send it in with the front ski shocks? There seems to be a bit of confusion on wether a remote clicker can be added to this location on a 2013 PRO because of the small idler wheels...

Thanks much,
-John
Yes you can. Must run the shock canister up. Call and talk to Matt.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
I went with just the revalve on the track shocks and I'm amazed at the difference it made.

J
Feb 15, 2003
Greenfield, MN(55357)
Well I got all my shocke back from Holz, I also went with the rear/rear replacement 5/8" shock as well.

I have a question for those of you that have also upgraded your rear/rear to this shock from Holz. I have noticed that the stock spring looks to be VERY close to the remote reserviour and am concerned that when compressed it may(stock spring) make contact with the remote reserviour. Have any of you that have done this mod/upgrade noticed this as well? I won't get the opportunity to ride mine again this season but would hope to come up with an answer/solution so when I do get a chance to ride it next season I don't end up with a problem. I would sure hate to see the reserviour get damaged or worse yet broke off because of this...

Can anyone who has this set-up and has been able to ride it take a close look at their spring and see if any paint is worn/rubbed off of it from rubbing?

Thanks much,
-John

jdw1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2008
Minnesota
Bring back an old thread!

So I'm looking at doing the HRP shock upgrade to my 12 pro, just wondering if those that have done it, are you happy and would you do it again?

Thanks

JonezyBones

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2008
Colorado
Some people don't like bringing back old threads. I say thanks for using the search button!

I missed out on some sweet shocks earlier this season and I too am curious if others would do this mod again!

Premium Features