• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FYI-New Product Available: Gauge Lifter for the Pro

M

madsigntist

Dec 19, 2007
Lehi, UT
www.summitsigns.biz
New Gauge Lifter Vent combo is now available for the Pro Models.
Same great engineering and construction as the my AC Models.

Details:
-They lift up and rotate the gauge for a better view and vent the hood nicely at the same time. Makes a nice goggle defogger when stopped.
-I CNC these from .090 AL, then powdercoat them textured matte black.
-They have breathable, durable mesh already installed on it, so no hassle with the hole. NO snow injestion on deep days.
-Stainless hardware w/ Nylok nuts.
-Detailed installation instructions included. 30+ min. install (1 to 2 beers)
-Mounting holes stay close to the dash hole, and the tilt is fully adjustable.

Check out the thread in Gauges and Instrumentation in the swapmeet

PooPro mounted 1.jpg PooPro mounted 2.jpg PooPro mounted 3.jpg PooPro1.jpg

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota
that looks like a great mount. I ordered an EZ-see and it never came in to my dealer, so if i keep my pro or get another one I'll definately get one of these. I especially like the estimated install time, although I think I could extend it out a couple beers.

G

gman086

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
like the beverage to time ratio. although when i was a drinker i think that half hour would have been more like a 6 pack:)

Exactly!

Nice work madsigntist! The only reservation I'd have is will it be exposed in a rollover or would the bars prevent damage?

Cheers,

G MAN

Last edited:
M

madsigntist

Dec 19, 2007
Lehi, UT
www.summitsigns.biz
Exactly!

Nice work madsigntist! The only reservation I'd have is will it be exposed in a rollover or would the bars prevent damage?

Cheers,

G MAN

Another thing that was considered during the design phase.
It is placed as high as possible for viewablity, but still tucked in right at the top of the "dash" area. So its still outta the way for roll-overs, with or w/o a windshield. Check the pics.
But if something catastrophic happened, the lifter itself will fold sideways and take the force rather than transferring it into the dash or the gauge itself.
The gauge is pretty burly. NO worries.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Bump...

Are these still available?

Website link?

Looks like a nice product.

attachment.php

Last edited:

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Yes they are. We keep them in stock if folks are interested. We also have turbo versions and ones with control boc mounting and even a Koso mount version

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Have you thought of putting a high quality pancake fan behind the unit as an active vent?

Something like the SPAL fan? Compact at 4" x 4" x 2.5" Completely waterproof and made for automotive applications.

To power it up... use the AC side of the lighting relay... Just a simple full wave rectifier, like Boondocker uses for their intercooler fan, off of the yellow lighting coil would drive it safely. Of course.. have an inline 5 amp fuse!

Nice... at at the top of the engine room where heat rises.
Would take advantage of natural convection.

$(KGrHqZHJCoFCm7uc,G2BQrjou1Bk!~~60_57.JPG

Last edited:
Premium Features