• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Flagstaff area yearly snow.

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
What are the conditions like here year to year? We may be considering moving to the area if my old lady gets accepted to her masters program here. Right now I live in Northern Missouri and have to drive at least 8 hours to even be able to ride in decent snow. What is the snow like here? Hows the riding?

S
Jan 22, 2008
It is Arizona but usually pretty good from Mid-Dec to at least Mid march, then after April Fools SW CO is 5 hrs away and that is killer riding into May. The last 3 years have been real good and last year we had more snow than CO most of the winter. This year is El Nino and didn't go till 12/23 and it was iffy, but supposed to get between 25" and 40" over the next 3 days so I'm stoked with a long weekend as soon as it lets up.
I'm in the White Mtns about 3 hrs from Flag and we have a lot more sq. miles of high country. I don't know much about Flagstaff area riding - except they seem to get more early snow, and we get more spring snow most years. Even in a dry year there is incredible ridingin CO less than 8 hrs away.

Premium Features