• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dragon 777, Cannot get RPM's. Please help!

jthussey

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Minot, ND Big Sky, MT
I ride between 9-10k feet. I have talked to Slp and still not getting R's. I run about 7900 down to about 7600 on some pulls. My primary is 68 gram MTX with SLP blue pink spring. The secondary is Team Black purple spring with 56-42-36 helix and 3 delrin washers. How often does a secondary spring go bad? and also what angle should I try on the helix to get more Rs. I believe my Primary is correct and that its my secondary causing my problems. What do you guys think? thanks

B

Bubba700

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Rexburg ID
how long have you been running the springs that you have in currently? miles and time they have been in.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I ride between 9-10k feet. I have talked to Slp and still not getting R's. I run about 7900 down to about 7600 on some pulls. My primary is 68 gram MTX with SLP blue pink spring. The secondary is Team Black purple spring with 56-42-36 helix and 3 delrin washers. How often does a secondary spring go bad? and also what angle should I try on the helix to get more Rs. I believe my Primary is correct and that its my secondary causing my problems. What do you guys think? thanks

try this...I replace springs anytime my rpms drop for no reason and for sure every season...now..this is what has worked best for me on my D-8..should work as good for you...I run slp /green pink spring(has 20 pds more initial pressure and same top pressure as the blue pink)68 gram mtx's weighted as needed for rpms...stock black/purple sec spring, 3 delrin washers and 62/42/.46 helix(you will want less helix up so high..I would go to 58/40/.36) the smaller helix angles should pick up rpms while still getting your track speed..you may need to go to higher primary spring so you can get some weight adjustment room on the mtx's..if so add about 20 pds on open pressure(160/360)also..if you dont have polaris factory LWT alignment tool..get it or take the sled to the dealer with a case of good beer and ask their best mechanic to align your clutches ...when you run the sled do a good climb and stop as soon as you can..check belt/shieve temps...normally the hottest clutch is the one that needs work...belt should be easy to hold in your bare hand after a good climb......shock tower vents help..but alignment is critical...you also might try going steeper on the gears up so high..19/45 or so(have heard it really helps performance up that high)

jthussey

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Minot, ND Big Sky, MT
the primary spring is brand new. I have tried many things. I thought the thing would work like a cherry since i bought it last fall from SLP. It was the owners sled. I am going to Cooke City this morning and I will try a new secondary spring since I bet this one has about 1500 miles on it. I will also try a the helix if I still don't reach RPMs after changing the secondary spring. I am shooting for 8300 RPMs. when I am down low on the trail (6000 feet) sometimes it will hit 8150 and the thing pulls very hard. Slp told me I should be at 8200-8300. Thanks for the help guys!

Premium Features