• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

diy turbo zrt600

A
Dec 24, 2010
i have a 98 powder extreme 600 triple that im turbocharging i have a Garrett t25 turbo from a saab 900 that im going o put to use im making my own flange and turbo pipe i need to know what should i do about jetting im going to do pump gas so mabe 5psi boost and all on stock internals i do ave 2 spare clinders and 2 stock pistons runs good now just want to make it yell but need help im not going to use a single pipe im going to weld all 3 into 1 bigger 2in diamiter pipe and from there to the turbo flange will this turbo work it is very small (smaller than a roll of tp around and aroud 10-12in from side to side) i chse it so there would be vertualy no turb lag im going to run a small oil pump and a fuel pump with rising rate fuel pressre regulator not mounting like most do in were the sck can is im putting it in diaginal with pipe comeing out by the a-arms thanks

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
Pipe?

You are going to get a y-pipe and pipe off a Cat 600 triple right? Did they even make them with single pipes? Because you can't just throw on a piece of 2" muffler tubing, it will throw the harmonics off! Make all three pipes go into one flange!

Givemeaboost

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, MT
I think you will be wasting your time and money trying to do this on a tripple. Very few have accompished this on the tripples. There is something about the way the exhaust works on a three cyl that causes problems when turboing. Do a search on the forums and see what I'm talking about.

Ken.....

A
Dec 24, 2010
I think you will be wasting your time and money trying to do this on a tripple. Very few have accompished this on the tripples. There is something about the way the exhaust works on a three cyl that causes problems when turboing. Do a search on the forums and see what I'm talking about.

Ken.....
well im goining to try it i know what your talking aboit but im getting a skidoo sumit 800 and then this will be the back up sled and i want to turbo it just wondering about it but im talking to a guy that turboes a zr500 by himself :light:

Premium Features