• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bottom end bog on my skidoo 800

S

Summitstef

Nov 26, 2007
In a forest, somewhere in Alberta
Lads, I need some assistance. I finally took my sled out last night for a little boot. One annoying thing that has come up is that when I gun the sled @ a dead stop there is a little bit of a bog before it opens up. I have put the new boysen cage rage system on as well as a set of podds with prefilters. When I am rollling a bit and the engine is @ 4500 rpm, I gun it, and there is no bog. The engine is a 01 800 with DPM non HO. I plead ignorance so please don' t laugh to hard! Thanks guys for you help.:confused:

h-d2

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Omaha,Ne
It could be a lean bog.You could try and raise you needles to see if it help.The 01 doesn't have adjustable needles,you may be able to shim them a little higher with a small washer.

h-d2

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Omaha,Ne
Yes you can,check with Big John on here,he can probably hook you up with something or he might know exactly what to do to fix your problem.Or you can check with your dealer on needles from a different year that are adjustable.

H
Jan 10, 2002
PF, Idaho
I would say its you pilots. You need to go to 20s and screw you rave valves in alittle more.

Thats would I did when I had that problem. I would get the 942 needles also.

Premium Features