• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BOSSREV weight loss plan

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
yep three shakes a day...no actual food for 6 months I think he said

Plus 4-6 hours at the gym a day

no shortcut to be had

Z

Zachcreek

Oct 18, 2008
Buena Vista Colorado
Cut out the red meat, exersice, and a good diet. My fat butt is on the Mtn Bike now and walking the hills everyday. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. Alcohol is another thing that is going away.....Good luck Corey, do it now before you get to old like.....ummm, me.

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
No easy way to do it but to do it!

I Started slow.. Started using the smaller dinner plates and walking 20 minutes in one direction from my house. then turning around and walking the 20 minutes back. So in total 40 minutes of walking each day. That gradually turned to light jogging.

Losing weight is truly 80% diet and 20% working out. But that 20% is HUGE!!
and with out it you get no where. I had to retrain myself as to what food was to me. It use to be everything... first and last thing on my mind everyday. It was the way I celebrated, the way I coped with pressure, stress, anger, etc etc.... Now it is only fuel for my body.

4 basic keys to eating.

1 - Protein, Get it from lean meats such as Turkey, Chicken or Salmon. I eat only one serving of meat a day. but prefer to get my protein from shakes.(4 a day) Egg whites are such a great source of protein as well.. you can eat 6 egg whites which I find super filling and it's only 114 calories

2 - Carbs, Get them from Veggies such as Spinach, Broccoli, asparagus, bell peppers. fruits are great as well but only eat fruit in the early morning due to the amount of sugar in them. Look for the fruits and veggies high in potassium.. Avocado, apricots, bananas, raisins. But don't forget blueberries, and strawberries as well. Cut out all breads, pastas, rice, potatoes etc etc. (you know, the good stuff)

3 - Fats. You gotta eat the good fats so you can burn the bad fats-- things like salmon have great fats in them. but I get the majority of my fats from raw almonds, pistachios and fish oil. I love Pistachios. I eat 3 to 4lbs a week. great for the heart, cholesterol, full of antioxidants, phytosterols, healthy fats and so much more. Pistachios are one of the lowest fat, lowest calorie and highest fiber nuts. Making them the perfect food for someone trying to get healthy.

4 - Water - Don't drink anything else. Drink a gallon of water bare minimum a day. never touch any other liquid other then water. especially beer and soda/energy drinks. If you do drink anything else drink green tea. (full of many health benefit and supports your metabolism as well)... Vodka at 100 calories a shot is your best bet to stay lean and catch a buzz.... or the leafy greens.... Zero calories unless you get the munches.... ;) then watch out!

The way you eat your food also plays a roll in how your body stores it. You
Should always eat you food in this order. 1st eat your Protein then your carbs and then your fats at each meal. This helps with keeping your metabolism up and keeping you full longer.

Cory, I would make sure you are eating 6 small meals a day. Try and stay within 350 to 500 calories per meal to start. Then cut that down to 250 to 350 per meal.(I currently average 250 per meal) This will keep your metabolism racing through out the day. I also feel it is important to eat protein before bed. you don't want you body to go into starvation mode while sleeping. 6 to 8 hours is way to long for your body to go with out food and having protein in your system while you sleep keeps your metabolism racing through the night. You body has to work hard to process protein so eating a lot of it keeps your body working in over drive. Egg whites or a protein shake
are the perfect food before bed.

Here is a list of the staples of my weekly fuel.

Morning____
Protein mix. GNC AMP strawberry flavored(the highest protein but leanest, lowest calories, carbs and sugar of any protein powder on the market.)
Almond milk, Spinach, blueberries, Bananas, strawberries, PB2..(a peanut butter substitute I add to my morning shake. Taste awesome and only 35 calories per serving opposed to the 200 calories per serving of standard "natural" peanut butter) (356 calories)

Snack____
Water based Protein shake. (90 Calories)

Lunch____
Water based Protein shake. 1 Bell Pepper, 1/2 cup of Pistachios. (303 Calories)

Snack___
Water based Protein shake. 1/2 cup Pistachios (250)

Dinner____
Small chicken salad. (366 Calories)
Or
5 egg whites with bell pepper,red onions, cilantro, Jalapeno ...(132 calories)
makes a huge plate of food but is soooooo low cal.
Or
Salmon/turkey/chicken with broccoli or asparagus (about 200 calories)

after dinner Snack____
Pistachios, Pistachios, Pistachios, (160 - 320 calories)

Foods I have cut out and do not eat....

Dairy...any and all dairy, Pasta, breads, high starches, fast food and or most all restaurants. I never add butter, sugar, or salt to anything....
This is all stuff you can reincorporate back into your diet in extreme moderation but I would recommend staying away from it while you are really trying to make an effort to become healthy.

You can "cheat" once a week. however I found for me if I cheated on my diet then It just gave me those carb cravings even more making it harder to not keep eating it.
So I didn't allow myself to cheat.. I'm a little more relaxed now and will indulge
occasionally but by no means once a week.

A few of the things I am most proud about through my efforts..

Cholesterol went from 240 to 130.. blood pressure went from 146/93 to 122/68
Waist went from 42" to a 34" and closing in on a 32" Chest went from 52" to a 42" Weight went from 293lbs to 204lbs. BMI went from 38% to 14%. I want to be a lean 10% though. This is all from May 2011 to now.

To set the record straight... I have never spent 6 hours in the gym. 2 1/2 maybe.. but now I spend 1 1/2 to 2 hrs 6 days a week. I run 5k, 6 days a week (that's 3.1 miles) I average 5k in 24 minutes. And then lift the rest of the time. About once every 2 weeks I will run 13.1 miles just to test myself.

A years worth of sledding, i.e. fuel/lodging/food is pennies in comparison to a few weeks out of the country in full luxury. And still have a couple more planned this summer.:rockon:

Good luck Cory! If you commit and truly bust your a$$. You could lose 30lbs in 30 days. No joke! you got it to lose for sure. Once you lose that first 30 the next 30lbs you will go after will be a litter harder but that is where you will see a real difference in yourself..

Premium Features