• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BM Fab vs Backwoods front bumper?

Which Front Bumper

• Backwoods

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • BM Fab

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
The B&M is where it is. As said above, the cross bar front adds a lot of rigidity. Yes you have to remove the pipe but that is a super easy project even on the boost. The hardest part is probably lining up the panel brackets and installing them LOL. The rear is stronger as well, as mentioned they have a angle on the bottom and the use a series of bolts and rivets for the install. It takes more time to install the rear than the front IMO but both are worth it.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
The B&M is where it is. As said above, the cross bar front adds a lot of rigidity. Yes you have to remove the pipe but that is a super easy project even on the boost. The hardest part is probably lining up the panel brackets and installing them LOL. The rear is stronger as well, as mentioned they have a angle on the bottom and the use a series of bolts and rivets for the install. It takes more time to install the rear than the front IMO but both are worth it.
Thanks for that. I just have a hard time getting past how wide and in turn goofy the BM Fab front bumper is. IMHO.

I dig the rear setup, but like the textured BMP grab bar, I know a shovel has hit mine a number of times and not sure the shiny BM one would stay looking good.

titus_4

Doo It Big
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 27, 2019
Indiana
I had quite a few run ins (or run overs) with some small trees on my last trip and the mini skid plate on my BMP took them like a champ. Don’t regret my decision.

I also like the textured coating on the rear. I actually considered contacting them on my next sled and seeing if I can get it in the front too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
I had quite a few run ins (or run overs) with some small trees on my last trip and the mini skid plate on my BMP took them like a champ. Don’t regret my decision.

I also like the textured coating on the rear. I actually considered contacting them on my next sled and seeing if I can get it in the front too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here. Love my BMP!

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
Thanks for that. I just have a hard time getting past how wide and in turn goofy the BM Fab front bumper is. IMHO.

I dig the rear setup, but like the textured BMP grab bar, I know a shovel has hit mine a number of times and not sure the shiny BM one would stay looking good.
They are powder coated, we abuse ours and they still look good.

Premium Features