• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BDX 10.4 Secondary Clutch Kit

R
Nov 26, 2014
North Idaho
I have a 2007 M8 and I noticed yesterday the inner sheave on the secondary has a pretty impressive crack in it and needs replaced. I'm leaning twards the BDX 10.4 Sheaves and using my helix out of the stock clutch I already have rock rollers and a new spring, its going to cost about $300 if I go this route. I can by a brand new stock clutch for $314. I'm just looking for advice/opinions on which way to go.

Jun 3, 2013
I have a 2007 M8 and I noticed yesterday the inner sheave on the secondary has a pretty impressive crack in it and needs replaced. I'm leaning twards the BDX 10.4 Sheaves and using my helix out of the stock clutch I already have rock rollers and a new spring, its going to cost about $300 if I go this route. I can by a brand new stock clutch for $314. I'm just looking for advice/opinions on which way to go.

Was going to do the same thing last year, ended up buying stock since Box was out of stock at the time and wasn't going to wait for it. Plus stock you get the whole thing complete so its up to you.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
If you are getting the BDX sheaves WITH the heavy duty bushing for 300 then that is the way to go. The stock clutch will be worn out in a couple years and you will be doing this all over again. Get the clutch with the bigger bushing and it should last a long time.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
We have the BDX 10.4 Sheaves on sale for $259 right now.....but won't have more available until Friday. If you want to PM me I can get one coming your way at that time.

R
Nov 26, 2014
North Idaho
I am also looking for the shift assist needle bearing, Do you have any of those in stock? I all ready have rock rollers, the brown ones that are tougher not the black delrin ones. It seems like between the BDX sheaves, the shift assist bearing and the rock rollers the secondary would be a definite upgrade from stock, let me know what you think.

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
I am also looking for the shift assist needle bearing, Do you have any of those in stock? I all ready have rock rollers, the brown ones that are tougher not the black delrin ones. It seems like between the BDX sheaves, the shift assist bearing and the rock rollers the secondary would be a definite upgrade from stock, let me know what you think.

Rixster is referring to the bushing inside of the moveable sheave. The m1000 (cant remember which year it started) came stock with a wider bushing which was better for wear, thats pretty much what the BDX sheaves use.

N
Oct 21, 2012
I have a BDX 10.4 with a Formula X-1 kit on it. I've run it on both my 800 HO as well as the CF7 and absolutely no regrets on the clutch, the clutch kit, or the performance. I'd buy another BDX without hesitation.

JoeySlushr

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
LeCenter, MN
Good luck finding that bushing. I think I'm going to pet mine in the lathe and turn down the aluminum, bore a piece of brass and turn it down to fit the bushing ID

Premium Features