• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys Stator Connection Fix

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
George- I am putting in a new stator and Voltage Regulator.. and hard wiring them together-
FlyNHigh.. Yep those that melted were the weatherpac connectors... Friend of mine that is a electrician said that is totally due to vibration and the connections arch creating that heat!!
The weather pack were solid (I thought) with it's crimp connections and snap together housings- bt you can see from my pic's melted from inside out/
If you look back on my initial postings, the stock ( white) connections were the culpurt/

B
Jan 23, 2022
Minnesota
George- I am putting in a new stator and Voltage Regulator.. and hard wiring them together-
FlyNHigh.. Yep those that melted were the weatherpac connectors... Friend of mine that is a electrician said that is totally due to vibration and the connections arch creating that heat!!
The weather pack were solid (I thought) with it's crimp connections and snap together housings- bt you can see from my pic's melted from inside out/
If you look back on my initial postings, the stock ( white) connections were the culpurt/
Wow. First of all I’m sorry you had to go through all this! What a pain! I too just found out I have a melted connection at my stator wires in the harness you mentioned in the early posts. What tipped me off was the arcing of my spark plug boots.

How did you know you needed to buy a new stator? Did it ohm out incorrectly?

Thanks so much for the detailed post! New member here and I’m trying to get my sled ready for idaho next week! ?

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
How did you know you needed to buy a new stator? Did it ohm out incorrectly?

Thanks so much for the detailed post! New member here and I’m trying to get my sled ready for idaho next week! ?
My Stator ohm'd out within the parameters- but on the low side.- I didn't want any issues so it was a good time to eliminate the 2 possibilities ZERO issues now.

B
Jan 23, 2022
Minnesota
My Stator ohm'd out within the parameters- but on the low side.- I didn't want any issues so it was a good time to eliminate the 2 possibilities ZERO issues now.
Gotcha. Thanks for the fast response! I had the same problem with the melted plug and I am pretty sure it’s what caused my arcing in my plugs.

I replaced the coils and I’m going to replace the voltage regulator (I have a spare that’s new) and I was hoping I’d be good to go?
Wondering if I shouldn’t also check the stator though to see if there’s an issue. Do you have an easy way to do that for a machine with no battery?

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Gotcha. Thanks for the fast response! I had the same problem with the melted plug and I am pretty sure it’s what caused my arcing in my plugs.

I replaced the coils and I’m going to replace the voltage regulator (I have a spare that’s new) and I was hoping I’d be good to go?
Wondering if I shouldn’t also check the stator though to see if there’s an issue. Do you have an easy way to do that for a machine with no battery?
Do you have a good OHM Meter/? You don't need to have a battery to test the stator.

This procedure will help you troubleshoot your Stator

Stator Testing.PNG

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Never a problem-
I do find out that when I put them back together I do hard solder them with no connections and it seems to eliminate any arcing, and no more issues.
If you go back in my post you can see where I melted through the non oem ( and better) waterproof connector on my second attempt.

B
Jan 23, 2022
Minnesota
Never a problem-
I do find out that when I put them back together I do hard solder them with no connections and it seems to eliminate any arcing, and no more issues.
If you go back in my post you can see where I melted through the non oem ( and better) waterproof connector on my second attempt.
Yeh saw that. Glad you’re good to go now. I soldered mine together and I’ll see how it ohm’s out before we head out.

Premium Features