• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys fuel sock. Plugged??

D
Nov 3, 2019
www.banditsolutions.ca
So. How to tell of your in tank sock is plugged? I'm a 2018 axys. Prob 4000 mi. Tank looks clean. Having a lower rpm at wot than at 7/8. Tps checked. All good. Complete new motor last spring. Like 12 rides now. But was doing this with orig motor. Injectors new. Reeds new. Just wondering if it starving at top end? Pulls very good just below full throttle. But then looses up to 200 rpm of open further. Running 8250 as well.

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
The fuel sock can collapse causing the fuel pump to not be able to pump enough fuel. I've had 2 socks do this on my 18. When it would first start happening my fuel pump would start making noise eventually the sled would start cutting out at full throttle. There's a piece of plastic hose in the socks that kinda look like split loom that collapse makingthe sock flatten out. On my last trip mine collapsed again. I removed the sock cut the end open removed the hose and wrapped some stainless steel wire around it so it wouldn't collapse again put the hose back in the sock and sewed the end of the sock back up and reinstalled it. The sled ran flawless the rest of the trip.

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
The fuel sock can collapse causing the fuel pump to not be able to pump enough fuel. I've had 2 socks do this on my 18. When it would first start happening my fuel pump would start making noise eventually the sled would start cutting out at full throttle. There's a piece of plastic hose in the socks that kinda look like split loom that collapse makingthe sock flatten out. On my last trip mine collapsed again. I removed the sock cut the end open removed the hose and wrapped some stainless steel wire around it so it wouldn't collapse again put the hose back in the sock and sewed the end of the sock back up and reinstalled it. The sled ran flawless the rest of the trip.
Just curious, have you experienced DET from the fuel sock issue? My dad's sled started getting a DET code last weekend under full throttle. He's only hitting 7600rpm and the fuel sock was one thing I was going to check for that issue anyway. Nobody else had any issues and 8 of us filled up at the same gas station that day and the day before.

cnote

Lifetime Membership
Sep 2, 2014
I've got a '19 850 that has had two socks now. Tank always clean, but on warmer days at lower fuel levels I could start to hear the fuel pump whine. Just got louder and louder till I replaced the sock (one big long sock in my Axys). And once or twice I did feel like the sled was running a touch lean - that crisp sound where you get a touch of pop and hesitation. Which is what kicked me into gear to order a new one.

D
Nov 3, 2019
www.banditsolutions.ca
Thx!! Just did this. And it actually looks like my sock was folded up in tank since new!! The inner mesh was permanently creased hard. So I put a piece of 1/8" fuel line from my Rc planes inside the mesh and sewed her up.

1569AFAE-C32B-4FA3-97EB-C680B3E163F4.jpeg 09271BF9-FF74-4B35-A3C3-B66A37CBBC67.jpeg FC1E8C75-E3F1-4072-9954-40907607111B.jpeg

Premium Features