• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

anyone snowmobile over at Avon??

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
live in logan was wondering if anyone has snowmobiled over at Avon near the paradise are. how is it?

S

Snowstar

Aug 22, 2006
Ogden Ut.
I went there a couple times a couple years ago. Pretty good riding back there. There has to be some good deep snow to get back there though. You can get there from the Mantua side or Avon.

S
Jul 7, 2001
Kent WA
Used to ride there waaaaay back when it was work to get over the hill on the left side at the top of the switchbacks. That was the 70's. Spent hours in the sinks. Uncle had a cabin.

What I want to know now, is there anyway to connect Avon to Powder Mountain, which you connect to Piss Ant, Hardware,Sinks, Franklin basin.... to Preston?

I would load up my sled and head back to Utah for a long distance ride from Mantua to preston if you could connect Avon to Powder Mt. A chase vehicle with gas on Monty, Gas At hardware, gas @ sinks. What a great cross country few days.:D

PM if you have a way.

I know you could go up out of the avon area to scare canyon, then across, but want tl leave Mantua.

S

Snowstar

Aug 22, 2006
Ogden Ut.
I have made it to Powder Mtn from Avon, but that was a few years ago. Its pretty easy to make it to Powder Mtn from Monte. If your serious plan some fuel stops and dont play alot but that kinda defeats the purpose of a ride.

L
Nov 28, 2007
The short answer is yes you can go from Avon to Powder Mounatin. Porcupine has to be frozen. You have to cross private land. Back when land issues were not so touchy we did it quite often.

Premium Features