• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 rmk 05 pull rope

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
been a long time but the worst you will have is to unbolt the mag side motor mounts and pry up on the motor to get one bolt, might not have to thou, remember to oil the new rope or it will only last a few rides

P
Nov 27, 2007
You may have to pry up on the motor a little to remove the lowest bolt. I could loosen the bolt but had to pry on the motor to pull it all the way out.

You don't have to pull the motor.

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
That bottom bolt is nearly impossible to get out without taking the motor mounts loose, once you do get it out........ pitch it so you don't have to mess with it again. I used a ball end hex wrench and was able to get it without pulling the motor, they've got loctite on them also so breaking them loose is a little tough with a 1/4" ratchet.

Get yourself some good rope too, like this stuff.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Man... Is NO ONE reading the permanent post at the top of this forum????

90% of the questions realated to 900 RMK/SB/Fuse and 2006 700's are answered there.

DO NOT FOR ANY REASON PRY UP ON THE MOTOR.

Read this.
http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117423

Poorider... Unfortunatley you probably have broken front motor mounts now.. even though you cant tell from the outside.

Last edited:
G

GBCB

Nov 19, 2008
Crested Butte, Co
I'm reading it !

I read it all the time and appreciate all the hard work you've done. The new sticky at the top of the forum is fantastic. It's a great a index and should help all of us who own one of these "projects".
Thanks again, Grant

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
Even the factory ones come oiled or else they vibrate apart that's not IMO it's a fact, JB or wd40 work fine not motor oil, sorry, it's the difference of 3 ropes a year to one per five yrs the damage is when they are running standing still; start er up and watch

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
M
Nov 27, 2007
Or shop the REI website and get 5 mm acessory rope for pennies a foot. I paid maybe 8 dollars for 30 ft a few years ago, and its a nice piece of rope.

Premium Features