• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900 Better Boards

N
Nov 12, 2008
West Branch, Mi
Im having my cousin cut out my tunnel for installing a wonderful set of Better Boards because I wont be able to make it home in time before the powder coating. Just wondering on when cutting these out, are most of you guys just cutting the little squares out or are you cutting one big long hole?

Thanks for the info.

-Nolan

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
i have done it both ways on mine i cut out the holes and on 2 other ones i cut out the whole thing. it was a lot easier to cut out the whole thing and the strength seemed to be fine.

J

jfield

Dec 2, 2007
Bozeman, Mt
congrats they are a must for that chassis night and day difference. i cut the hole thing out on mine and had zero problems.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Yep, cut the whole thing out for sure. Otherwise, it weakens things in the long run. Here's a thread discussing the install...

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=174235

Good timing too since I have a set in the garage awaiting installation and had some of the same questions

Cout out the whole thing BUT I left a lip on the tunnel side and did not cut the cooling tube at all, just the tunnel.

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
I cut the entire hole out. I also didn't use rivets I used small little bolts with lock nuts.

IMGP1763.jpg

Premium Features