• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 Boosted failures and issues

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
What would cause reeds to go every ride or 2 ? My riding buddy on his 19 850 with sliber kit, 5lbs. Has gone through 3 sets of reeds in 5 rides.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
What would cause reeds to go every ride or 2 ? My riding buddy on his 19 850 with sliber kit, 5lbs. Has gone through 3 sets of reeds in 5 rides.

Intercooled or non?. Reeds hate heat, if he is running too much boost, that will eat reeds.

Make sure he not overreving as well.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Non intercooler, 5lbs. Around 4000' . Its been turboed all last year around 2000km and it was good. But this year it started acting up.

D
Dec 8, 2016
I will probably see him, on the mountain, Saturday. I will try and remember to ask him. He doesn't have that sled anymore. He has a 19 with mpi now. Running it at 7 psi. I rode it last year and it ran good. Can't remember if the one he had trouble with was a 17 or 18. I think it was an 18.
Would your buddy be interested in helping a fellow out? Like I mentioned before I pulled my Turbo off but I just got off the phone with straightline performance and they are telling me I have a grounding issue somewhere. He mentioned the factory ground had issues but it could also be in the upper harness of the kit. I would be interested in hearing what issue your buddy had and possibly steer me in the right direction. Thanks

Premium Features