• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 outlaw stage 2 twins questions!

I
i bought a 2019 rmk 163 with slp stage 2 all done by slp at there shop. (guessing one of the first done) had ol twin tune in it.
my sons 16 800 155 with slp single will out run it 0 to top speed on the trail. ( i dont care about this but my son thinks its funny as hell)
sled does not feel much different than his.
i have never rode the sled under 9500 feet! it turns 8000
took one screw out of the weights and now it will turn 8100

What should i be running rpm wise with the twin kit? i have seen people say 8100 and i have seen them say 8600???
i just put the ol twin 2 tune on it yesterday but have not got to ride it yet.
anyone know what the difference is between the 2 tunes? cant find any info on spl site
any insight would be great!

208_RMK

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2009
Idaho
Following

Does anyone have a dyno sheet for these pipes. I can’t find one on SLP like they typically have for their pipes??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's claimed 17hp over stock for stage 2/outlaw twins in the SLP catalogue. With the head, pipes and clutch kit they require 1oz of octane booster per gallon also for over 4K elevation.

B
Dec 3, 2001
No. Utah
I’m running 91 non ethanol with the octane boost. I’d just like to see the power and torque curves too make sure I’m in the right RPM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C
Jan 14, 2020
Y pipes are incredibly, read: INCREDIBLY, good at scavenging and stuffing for TWIN two strokes. Triple pipes on triple cylinders make huge improvements.

I am pretty sure slp says those are supposed to turn 8400-8600 rpm though. and there's been quite a few threads where everyone with slp twins says they are not that great until you get them reallllly hot, then like magic they wake up and it runs good.

you'll have to line up with your boy for 3-4 drag races without waiting very long between them and see if it starts to pull harder once you get those RPM back. z

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
If you are only pulling 8000 - 8100 with those twins you are not even in the range they like to run.
Mine will run 8450 and is kind of an angry animal when you get her wound up.
I also have the Pro Gears (gear down) on it and that seems to help the bottom end a bit also.
I'm not much on drag racing them as the traction can make a huge difference in performance.
Line them up on a deep powder covered hill and see which one climbs better and higher.

Matthew runge

Goldy
Premium Member
Oct 5, 2018
Minnesota
Does the slp head help them much ? Also the base gasket makes sense if they need port timing. Is anyone reworking the cylinders to help with this or is there a better piston or head option available

Premium Features